Once you graduate, how do you transition from being a student to taking up professional responsibilities? Below are tips for a smooth transition:
1. Accept and embrace change; your life is going to change in various way example from late morning waking up too early mornings, punctuality, also the way you used to dress like a student will be different because in working life you need to dress according to the company culture which is usually official attire. Apart from all the changes you should always be confident and energized at working place.
2. Keep an open mind; one should be willing and prepared to learn because not everything that you need to know is taught in school. You should be positive and enthusiastic to show that you can do things and not that you can't do them because they are not in your job description. So for the transition to run smoothly one should be willing to learn new things
3. Adopt to your responsibility quickly; as a newcomer, you are expected to pick things up quickly compared to student life who wait to be told what to do, gasp the role of your responsibilities quickly. Be accountable as in meet or exceed the expectations of your boss or supervisor. You should always do things on time to the required quality. Also for you to adapt quickly to your responsibilities Communication is essential for the transition process. Being able to cope with the working life one needs to have the confidence to ask questions and air out your ideas to your supervisor. In case you don’t understand its best to ask for more clarification.
4. Be patient and persevere; as you start a working life you need to be patient, accept mistakes, failure and learn from it. People do not succeed in their career unless they are patient. So for you to succeed you need to be patient when dealing with clients, customers, co-workers, and others.
5. Establish health habits and a daily routine; this involves having meals on time because you will have a lot of responsibilities so sometimes you foregone meals to do the work which is not healthy. For you to be able to balance your work and other issues you should create a daily routine that you will be following. This will enable you to not only have time for meals but also do your work effectively.
Have you registered with us? if not kindly visit our website http://www.emcl.co.tz for a complete outstanding profile.